Saturday, December 02, 2006

Winter is finally here

at least for a week. I'm so happy cause it just doesn't seem like the holidays without cold weather. Everyone in really cold climates, stay warm and safe and when your completely sick of the snow, think of me and how excited I would be if I could be with you.

This is the freebie Arabesque Initial from Passione Ricamo. I'll make it into a lined fold-over (eventually, once I get my nerve up to cut on it!). I'm horrible (read sloppy) at finishing. I don't know the fabric name but it is not such a bright pink as my picture. The floss is Eterna Mini-Twist Silk in Cabarnet (med pink to maroon) and is perfect with this fabby. The fabric was a gift from Tammy of http://www.stabandstash.com/om/

I've also been working on my Morning Rose (HAED). You can see the outline of her face. I'll keep plugging away on the background then probably move over to the left and work on her beautiful wings. I'll save her face for the last part, until I move up to the LAST ROW of pages. YAY

My friend Bonnie has me hooked on Mailart and she organized a mailart project for a group stitchers. I'm going to work on mine this week and hopefully finish it in December. I'll post a picture, but not tell who it's going to.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and happy stitching - don't forget to take time to relax and stitch a little during the holiday season. It's such a busy, stressful time for most families - especially moms.

5 comments:

Branlaadee said...

Your W is beautiful Wanda!

Morning Rose is coming along nicely too. You'll be finished in no time!

Kip said...

Wow morning rose is looking amazing - I would stitch the face last too, its like the cherry on top!

I'm just giving some thought to my mailart, I know what I want to do but not sure my sewing skills are up to it!

bells said...

Love, love, love the W! It's sooooo pretty! And I can't get over how well the thread compliments the fabby! Excellent stitching!

And Morning Rose is coming along soooo nicely! You know I'm DYING to see her face! You've kept us in suspense for sooooo long...lol..

Hugs, Nikki

Bonnie said...

Fantastic W! It is beautiful! I always love seeing your updates of Morning Rose.

Brandi said...

Wow i'm working on morning rose also, i cant wait to get that much done!!! It's on hold right now as I work on some models. I'm using parking on mine, i dont think i could do it any other way LOL. Would love to keep in touch on your progress!!! you can find mine at http://brandisstitches.blogpsot.com :-)