Monday, March 02, 2009

March sure started out cold......

How did I let February get away without any posting? It's just been business as usual around here. We've had some of our coldest weather of the season the past few days. I'm so ready for spring, narcissus is ready to bloom, daffodils very soon after and tulips have started coming up!

My current project is a stitching/quilting project. A group of stitchers are each stitching squares for a little girl, Leah. Please pray for her recovery from a cancerous tumor on her kidney. She is only 3 and from pictures, you can just see her precious spirit and the special person she will grow into. One of our group members knows her family and got us all involved in being part of her miracle. Many of us stitch for Love Quilts and decided to adopt her as a group project and make a very special quilt for her. I'll post pictures of the squares as I receive them.

I have a new stitching finish but I can't show pictures yet. It's going into the mail today so I promise a picture later this week.

I didn't put much effort into vegetables last year but I'm excited again this year so I'll have tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, squash, cucumbers, beans and cantaloupe. I'm lucky to live in town but have a huge backyard with plenty of space for a vegetable garden. I told the little boys who live next door that they can help me this summer. They are so adorable, 4 and 6 years old.

I hope your inspired to stitch and have a great week.

0 comments: