Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Freebie from Chatelaine Designs

I spent most of my stitching time today on the Christmas Mandala (a free chart) from Chatelaine Designs. I don't like working with the braids so I used Petite Treasure Braid for the gold, BF032 in place of the silver braid in the tree and a #4 braid I had thats black with a strand of copper blended in for the outline of the pots. I can't wait to add the beads - of course, I picked different colors than it calls for so you'll just have to come back to see what they are!

I'm so glad Thanksgiving is just around the corner. We are staying home this year and I've just been estatic about it. Melanie is going to help me cook (along with my MIL) and my Mom and stepdad will be here for dinner.....it's my favorite holiday of the year.

Things have been going good and everyone's been very happy at my house - makes me wonder what's in store down the road. I'm always waiting for 'the other shoe to drop'. It's the Mom in me I suppose, when they're being sweet I worry.

Have a wonderful evening everyone and happy stitching.....

3 comments:

bells said...

Your Chatelaine is stitching up beautifully, Wanda! Looks like you'll be done in no time!
Hugs, and happy stitching ~Nikki

Joysze said...

Looking gorgeous, Wanda. ^.^ Thanksgiving sounds like it's going to be a load of fun at your household... and everything's going to be great. I think both shoes have dropped over the last few months... so it's going to be smoooooooth sailing from here on. ^.^

Branlaadee said...

It looks great Wanda! I need to get working on mine again too.

I love Thanksgiving too. I am sure your family will have a wonderful time!

If you go barefoot, you never have to worry about the shoes falling. ;)