Sunday, November 26, 2006

Post-Thanksgiving, recovery

Lazy sunday.....getting everyone ready for work and school tomorrow. We were so busy we didn't get our Christmas Tree put up so maybe today I can coax Mel into helping - she'll be mad if I put it up without her. My plan this year is to only put up the tree, I'm not doing the whole house decorating thing. I'm tired just thinking about having to take it all down and store it again......maybe I'll get in the mood once our weather turns cold. We've been running about 15 degrees above normal here but next week that's supposed to change. Yea....

Do any of you stitch Christmas ornaments? I guess I need to buy a new stitching magazine cause for some reason I'm intimidated about trying to make one. Not the stitching part, but the put-it-together part. Dumb huh?

Then, theres the tree skirt that we've been working on for about 6 years now. Melanie and I get it out between Thanksgiving and Christmas to work on it. She asks every year, when are we going to finish this? It's a fun project for us to work on together while watching tv - its one of those felt pieces where you cut the shapes out, layer, stuff and sew it on with beads and sequins. She cuts pieces for me and picks out the floss and sequins, etc. My plan is that it's for her first Christmas away from home....guess we better get it out and start working on it.

Happy stitching ladies.......

0 comments: