Wednesday, February 21, 2007

RR....Happy Stitching......

I finally finished the first block on my HAED RR piece and it's ready for the journey around the world and back. I wanted to get this block done so that all the wonderful ladies ^thank you^ who will be stitching on this can see the most important part of the piece. It's a fantabulous fun stitch.



This is my fragmented chart of Verdure by Linda Ravenscroft as charted by HAED. I realized if I chose it from my stash for the RR that I would never stitch the whole chart; so, the really large blocks will be done by me once it returns home. I'll let the stitchers do as much, or as little, as they like in the block of their choice - then I'll finish it all off. I decided since this would be the only stitched piece I would have that I had to have a whole wing - hence the border on the right, then I needed the little raindrop on the leaf at the left to balance it out, then I said to my self I have to have those little white flowers too and her whole headdress.....so it grew. I can't wait to see the updates as each friend adds to this........
This evening I've been working on a mailart piece for a special friend. he's quit smoking so I'm sending him a care package - floss for stitching and gum to chew. That ought to keep his hands busy......
I've been really good to myself too. The weather is starting to warm up so along with my haircut yesterday I had a french pedicure today. Nothing like having pretty toes ^with little yellow flowers^ to look at!

1 comments:

bells said...

I can't get over how gorgeous her face turned out! It really is lovely! I can't wait to see the whole thing stitched up!