Sunday, February 11, 2007

Nothing much going on.......

just the same old same ole. I'm not very good at journaling but I'm making an effort to update more frequently.

Family is healthy and happy; stitching is going well; the sun has been shining most days and it hasn't been too terribly cold. We've been trying to walk every afternoon - Gracie gets so excited. She has a big yard to run in but she loves getting to walk with us - go figure.

I've taken my new year pampering to heart and my skin hasn't looked this good in a long time. I think part of it's all the water and milk I've been drinking. I'm letting my hair grow out a little so I can get a nice clean cut into an angular bob - just above shoulder level a little longer in the front than the back.

On the Melanie front, she won't be a senior until next year but we've been talking and making college plans already about the University of Arkansas (in Fayetteville). It's only a 45 minute drive from home so YAY for me. Most of the kids she pals with will be going there so she's getting excited and nervous at the same time. I'm so excited for her but nervous too - it's like sending them to school for the first time - all over again.

This is my piece for a HAED RR..... it's Verdure by Linda Ravenscroft. I tell you this is so much fun to work on. The colors and shading are just stunning. Practically every color is some shade of green. The next mailing date is March 5 so I've been working on this exclusively, trying to finish this block before the send off. I hope each of the ladies in the group enjoy this piece as much as I have and it makes them each want to stitch their own version.

I have a couple of mailart pieces in mind but can't start them until the RR gets sent on its way. I have several others charts waiting in the wings to be started - there just aren't enough hours in the day.

Happy stitching my friends - stay warm and well

2 comments:

bells said...

Verdure is looking absolutely GORGEOUS! This piece is going to look amazing when it's done! Can't wait!

Joysze said...

I love this so much! It's coming along beautifully. ^.^