Tuesday, February 27, 2007

tada.....


I sent this to Sean on Friday. He's trying very hard to quit smoking so I sent him some Dinky Dyes silks and some gum. That should keep him busy for a day and his mind otherwise occupied..... aren't those just the cutest little ladybugs?


I am so blessed with beautiful cyber-friends. I received a huge package in the mail from B - 10 charts and 5 hand-dyed fabbies in my favorite pastel colors, dark blue and light blue and purples..... I'm still overwhelmed with her generosity.
I'm still waiting for my SMF Fairy Morn fabric to start my Taj Mahal. Again, I'll say it should be here tomorrow. I've been stitching on Morning Rose the last few days and seem to be getting no where fast. All I can think about is starting Taj... then I have a couple of mailart pieces to do quick like then Circus of Circles to start in a SAL and a BFG SAL in June/July.
I neglected my garden last year so I'm looking forward to digging in the dirt and getting it ready for planting. Talked to Cindy last night and we are planning on spending a couple of days a week (it's a fun way for us to get girl time together) starting in May picking blueberries and canning them; picking strawberries and freezing them; making jams to can then starting on the vegetables once they come out of the garden. Then towards the middle of summer the freestone peaches will be ready to pick and we'll start on those. Canned blueberries and peaches make the best pies. You just pour the syrup off and pat them dry and prepare as you would with fresh fruit.
happy stitching.....

4 comments:

bells said...

Oooo..Wanda...Sean's mailart turned out soooo lovely! And what a thoughtful friend you are to send him such a great care package! You truly deserve a million lovely fabrics for all the kindness you have shown to others!
BIG HUGS

Joysze said...

Wanda, I can't wait to see this in person!!! I just adore it. <3

Unknown said...

That is such a beautiful mailart you made for Sean. You are really so kind & sweet!! I'm so blessed to know you & I thank God everyday for my wonderful Coven friends!

Angelaine (Lana) said...

Hey, Wanda... go check the new releases for haed.